Food For Belly Dancers: Energy Boosting Muffins Recipe
Muffins are magic food for everyone! Busy families, folks on the run and of course, dynamic dancers thrive on this down-home American contribution to epicurean enjoyment. Do you know the muffin man, woman or store in your town? Did you know Minnesotans cherish their blueberry muffins as the official state muffin?
Home-baked goodness spills from every bite of a luscious, moist muffin. They're not as sweet as cupcakes, thank goodness, nor frosted over either. Muffins are meant to go with coffee in the morning and a cup of tea in the afternoon—gourmet Americana at its best.
Made with lots of love and healthy ingredients, muffins stave off hunger for a few hours. Kick-start breakfast with our easy make-and-bake muffin recipe. The secret to yummy muffins? Don't over mix. A lumpy mix makes nicely risen stacks of energy-boosting munchies for handy snacks.
Muffins are nutritious when made with a combination of whole wheat and baking flours. Even healthier and "moistly luscious" when made with veggies such as carrot and zucchini, and fruits such as medjool dates and peache;, muffins retain their freshness a little longer with these natural enhancements. If extras remain, freeze them; muffins are even more moist after defrosting. Mmm, make mine muffin mornings, mom!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries—blueberries, strawberry, black berries
- Preheat oven at 400º. Grease or place paper muffin cups in a muffin pan that holds 12 cups.
- Mix both kinds of flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, buttermilk and melted butter in another bowl.
- Add the wet mix to the dry ingredients. Gently combine together; leave it lumpy.
- Fold in the fruit.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes till golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter.
- Remember to give thanks as you inhale the magic of freshly baked muffins.